Thursday, September 11, 2008

Somebody's Getting Married!



In case some of you don't know, on August 30th, 2008, Sarah Hunter, the love of my life, agreed to marry me for time and all eternity. Thus, making me the luckiest man on the face of the earth... Screw you Lou Gehrig!

Sarah had planned a big birthday bash for me and I knew that would be the day that I would ask her to be my wife. We were having a totally awesome yacht rock extravaganza at the home of Matt Youngberg, Todd Peterson, and Dave Thompson. Everyone was dancing and playing around and having a great time. And I saw Sarah getting the cake ready. I knew that it was the time. So I ran out to my car and grabbed the ring box that I had hidden in the driver side door well. And was back before anyone had noticed that I was gone. The DJ stopped the music and everyone began to sing "Happy Birthday" to me. Sarah brought out the cake and it was time for me to make my wish... "What should I wish for?" I wondered aloud. Then I got down on one knee, popped out the bad boy seen above and asked Sarah "Will you marry me?"

Now, I had been going over in my head what I was going to say. I was going to go into this big schmaltzy speech about how much I love her. How she is the greatest gift I could ever ask for.(all of which is true) But, when it came down to the moment all I could squeeze out was the simple "Will you marry me?"

Sarah was flummoxed she seriously sat there totally gobsmacked for what seemed like an eternity. I was looking her straight in the eye trying to communicate to her that I was totally serious about this. She still continued to try to get her head around what I was asking her. She then just said "yes." And a mighty cheer went up.

No comments: